Home made play dough
In these uncertain times we will need things to distract us and also keep the kids entertained.
We will do our very best to bring you activities that you can make and do with your little ones in the safety of your own home.
Here we share our play dough recipe that you can make with your children and let them get creative.
What you will need.
- 2 cups plain flour
- 1cup of salt
- 2 tsp vegetable oil
- 2 tbsp cream of tartar
- 2 cups of boiling water
- Food colouring
- Food essence(this can be optional)
- microwavable bowl
- wooden spoon
Add the flour, salt, oil and cream of tartar to the bowl.
If you are using food colouring and/or food essence favouring, add these to the bowl too. Add 2 cups of boiling water and stir vigorously until the mixture is combined into a dough.
Microwave for 30 seconds.
When the dough has cooled slightly, tip onto a work surface and knead until smooth and pliable.
Extra activities ideas that can be included when using play dough.
Play dough is a great resource for strengthening muscles in children’s little hands. All needed for fine motor skills such as writing. Play dough can be used to help with lots of different activities
- Why not add some cake cases and buttons so they can make pretend cakes and set up a cafe
- Make invitations to invite your Teddies and Dolls to a picnic
- include your favourate story and make the characters from the book
- Draw a face on some paper without the features and use the play dough to make eyes, nose, ears and a mouth
- Draw letters, shapes and numbers on paper and copy the symbols with the play dough.
These are just a few ideas to get you started. Have fun 🙂